- We will ensure that all levels of government guidelines are followed.
- Staff is instructed to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Entrances to the hotel are secured 24 hrs. Guests are to contact Front Desk via Intercom. Staff ask Guests COVID-19 questions prior to giving access.
- Plexiglas partition at Front Desk.
- All hard surfaces and the Front Desk are thoroughly sanitized regularly.
- Information gathered through media and updates from Thunder Bay Health Unit will be shared with staff.
- Extra cleaning measures put in place in all areas.
- All work areas to be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
Physical distancing and separation
- Masks required in all public spaces.
- Social distancing required when possible.
- Plexiglas divider implemented at Front Desk to protect guests and staff.
- No outside visitors are allowed into the hotel. Registered guests only at this time.
- Extra cleaning in all areas.
- Work areas to be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- Heath Canada approved sanitizer to be used.
- Although we are confident your stay with us will be an enjoyable one, should you have any cause for complaint, this must be reported to the front desk during your stay, where every effort will be taken to rectify your complaint. Should you still be dissatisfied, you may request a Report Form, which must be filled out during your stay. Complaints that we have not had the chance to rectify will not be answered to after departure.
- If we have done everything in our capacity to rectify a complaint either by solving the complaint or the offer of a room change (subject to availability) and your decision is still to depart the hotel, payment will be taken in full.
- We reserve the right to close the pool for the safety of our guests without prior warning.
- Damage or theft from guest hotel rooms will result in the amount of damages being debited against your account. Serious damage or theft will result in the police being called.
- We have a zero tolerance policy with regard to physical or verbal abuse towards our staff members any guest guilty of the above will be reported to the police and asked to leave the premises immediately without any refund of monies paid.
- Excessive noise will not be tolerated late at night, one warning will be given, if not adhered to then the guest will be asked to leave the hotel immediately, and no refund will be given.
- Extras may only be charged to your room after a valid credit card has been pre-authorized. No extras (i.e. dinner/drinks/room service) can be charged to your room unless a valid credit card has been pre-authorized.
The hotel will try to rectify any serious problems that may occur in the hotel during your stay (i.e. electricity failure, hot water boiler failure, water interruption) within 24 hours.
Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. We will make every effort to accommodate early arrivals, but cannot guarantee them. Requests will be handled on an individual basis and will depend upon the hotel’s current availability.
Check-out time is prior to 11:00 a.m. If a late check out is requested, an extension charge may apply. We will be happy to store your belongings if you so require on the day of departure, at no charge.
Guests who are unable to keep their reservation should contact the hotel by noon the day prior to arrival to cancel their reservation with no penalty. In case of no-show or late cancellation, guests will be charged 100 percent of the room charge for all nights reserved.
To reserve a room, we require that there be at least 1 adult present in the room 21 years of age or older.
A credit card is required to confirm or guarantee reservation. Your credit card will not be charged in advance of stay.
A valid credit card and photo ID are required at check-in for payment of the room, tax and incidentals. A valid photo ID is a government issued driver’s license, government issued ID card or Passport. If a guest is paying cash, a valid credit card or debit card must be presented at check-in for a refundable deposit of $200.. We do not accept personal cheques of any kind.
Our standard rates are determined by dates requested, room type, and are subject to availability. Rates may change without notice.
We gladly offer discounted rates for groups wishing to book more than six rooms. Please contact the hotel directly for more information.
Pets are welcome at the Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel on the second floor non-smoking rooms only. $15 per pet charge. Your pet must be supervised at all times and not left alone. Damages caused by pets are subject to our damages policy.
The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel is a non-smoking hotel. All guest rooms, meeting rooms, and indoor public areas are non-smoking areas. Smoking is restricted to outdoor designated smoking areas only in accordance with Ontario law. Guests found to be smoking inside the hotel, in either guest rooms or public areas, will be charged $200 for deep cleaning.
Please contact the hotel directly to purchase or redeem gift certificates.
Extra Bedding Policy
Housekeeping will be happy to provide you with extra blankets, pillows and towels upon request if you require them. Guests must simply contact the Front Desk. Please note that cots and playpens are available at the low cost of $15.00.
We gladly validate parking in our parking lot at no cost to our guests; however, we cannot assume responsibility for any vehicle, occupants, or contents while operated or parked on city or hotel property.
Wireless High Speed Internet Access
Unlimited wireless high-speed Internet access is available free of charge to all guests from your own laptop. This service is available from the guest room or any public areas within the hotel. Guests using our Internet understand that they are fully responsible for using the Internet in a responsible manner, and also acknowledge that the hotel can bear no responsibility for any illegal or criminal activity as a result of inappropriate guest use. Guests further acknowledge that, while the network is protected with a password, there is no expectation to privacy.
Lost and Found
We will make every reasonable effort to contact a guest should items be left behind after check-out. These items will be stored for 60 days as a courtesy to our guests. Items left for more than 60 days will be donated to charity or discarded.
Damage and Theft
Damage to rooms, fixtures, furnishings and equipment, including the removal of electronics, towels, bathrobes, paintings, ornaments etc., will be charged at 120% of full and new replacement value plus any applicable shipping and handling charges. Damage to linen or towels resulting from the use of body oils, makeup, shoe polish, gun oil, etc., will result in a charge for the special cleaning, repair or replacement of the damaged article. Guests may also be liable for any loss of revenue resulting from the inability to rent rooms due to damages or theft.
Refunds will be issued to rooms that cancel with in the “Cancellation Policy”. Even once checked in, guests may be granted a refund for unused nights, should the guest notify the front desk by noon the day before the guest wishes to check out.
Providing goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities
The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel is committed to meeting its current and ongoing obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code respecting non-discrimination.
The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel understands that obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and its accessibility standards do not substitute or limit its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code or obligations to people with disabilities under any other law.
The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel is committed to complying with both the Ontario Human Rights Code and the AODA.
The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
Our accessible customer service policies are consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
- People with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our goods, services or facilities.
- In cases where the assistive device presents a significant and unavoidable health or safety concern or may not be permitted for other reasons, other measures will be used to ensure the person with a disability can access our goods, services or facilities.
- We will ensure that our staffs are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods, services or facilities
- We will work with the person with a disability to determine what method of communication works for them.
- We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
- When we cannot easily identify that an animal is a service animal, our staff may ask a person to provide documentation from a regulated health professional that confirms the person needs the service animal for reasons relating to their disability.
- A service animal can be easily identified through visual indicators, such as when it wears a harness or a vest, or when it helps the person perform certain tasks.
If service animals are prohibited by another law, we will do the following to ensure people with disabilities can access our goods, services or facilities:
- explain why the animal is excluded
- discuss with the customer another way of providing goods, services or facilities
- A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fee/fare will not be charged for support persons.
In certain cases, the Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel might require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person for the health or safety reasons of:
- the person with a disability
- others on the premises
Before making a decision, the Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel will:
- consult with the person with a disability to understand their needs
- consider health or safety reasons based on available evidence
- determine if there is no other reasonable way to protect the health or safety of the person or others on the premises
Notice of temporary disruption
- In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, the Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available
The notice will be made publicly available in the following ways:
- Notice will be posted in main lobby.
The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel will provide accessible customer service training to:
- all employees and volunteers
- anyone involved in developing our policies
- anyone who provides goods, services or facilities to customers on our behalf.
Training will include:
- purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel policies related to the customer service standard
- how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- how to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- how to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities.
- These include: Wheel Chair, Grab Bars in 10 of our guest rooms, bath chairs (2 available), toilet riser (1 available).
- what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel goods, services or facilities
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service policies.
- The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible customer service. Customer feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns.
- Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way the Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel provides goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following ways.
- Email email@example.com, comment cards, Facebook, in person or Guests can contact the General Manager directly at 807-346-5123.
- All feedback, including complaints, will be handled in the following manner:
- The General Manager will answer all Customer feedback, including complaints.
- Customers can expect to hear back in 2 business days.
Notice of availability of documents
- The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel will notify the public that documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice in the following location(s)/way(s):
- The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel will provide this document in an accessible format or with communication support, on request. We will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the format or communication support. We will provide the accessible format in a timely manner and, at no additional cost.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policies of The Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel that do not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.